Tax season is the perfect time to make decisions for a Denver kitchen remodeling project. When you maximize your refund, you are making a premier investment to help raise the overall value of your home. Learn the top reasons you should choose to remodel, upgrade ideas you can tackle for $1000 or less, and larger projects to make a different in the value of your house.
Whether you plan on staying in your home for a few years or decades, anyone can benefit from a kitchen remodel. To start, remodeling allows you to improve the functionality of the space to meet your needs. This includes storage, appliances, and work space. Spend time evaluating what you need in the space if you plan on staying for the long term. Planning a move? Make the space attractive to prospective buyers. This includes adding quality stone counters, energy efficient appliances, and new cabinets Look at trends and what other homes selling in your area feature to help you determine what to do.
Small Upgrades for $1000 or Less
Have a small tax return? There is still much you can do.
- Paint: A fresh coat of paint will revitalize the space. Choose a lighter color and consider an accent wall if would like to mix things up. You can choose paint for the wall, as well as shiplap wood or wallpaper.
- Fixtures: Knobs, handles, electrical outlet covers, lights—all of these fixtures can eventually become dated. Updated all of them to be consistent and match your style. When choosing a fixture finish, such as brass, brushed nickel or gold, use that same color throughout your home.
- Backsplash: A great way to give your kitchen a refreshed look is with a backsplash! You can work with your local stone company to find patterns and designs that fit your price range. Kitchen backsplashes are a perfect project to pair with a fresh coat of paint.
Larger Projects to Consider for Increasing Value
If you have a larger budget for your home, you can put your tax check towards larger upgrades and renovations. This is one of the best ways to cut costs and avoid putting too much on charge cards if you do not have all of the funds upfront. Some of these ideas include:
Make sure you know all of the ways to save on your kitchen remodeling in Denver
- Energy efficient appliances: For a smaller additional expense, energy efficient appliances will help you to save in the long run.
- Flooring: If the flooring in your home, especially your kitchen, is outdated and in rough shape, consider replacing it. Hardwood in particular is a great choice. It is easy to clean and hypoallergenic.
- Layout change: Another way your go-to granite and cabinetry specialist can help you with your remodel project is with a layout change. If your kitchen is inefficient, work with them to create a new layout that better fits the space. This will cover cabinets, counters, islands, nooks, and more.
—and contact HTI Granite and Cabinetry for help. Our team will provide you with quality service, leaving you very happy with your tax return investment. Contact us today at 866-707-7772 to get started.